The Gattaca Act was a law passed by the Senate of the Terran Federation which severely limited the terms of genetic engineering in Terran Federation space.
- Sapient cloning is strictly prohibited unless special needs arise.
- Genetic Engineering for enhanced abilities and appearance change is prohibited.
- Genetic therapy is allowed to eliminate possibly life threatening genetic illnesses and birth defects only.
- Non-sentient lifeforms can be genetically altered specifically for medical experimentation or terraforming purposes.
- Creation of Sapient lifeforms through genetic engineering is prohibited.